London North Eastern & East Midlands news
No trains in or out of London King's Cross on June weekend as East Coast Upgrade work continues
- No trains in or out of London King’s Cross or Moorgate, or from the East Coast Main Line into St Pancras International, on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 June 2020 so new overhead line equipment can be installed.
- Project is part of £1.2billion upgrade which will deliver more trains, thousands of extra seats and more reliable journeys.
- Under current COVID-19 guidance, journeys should only be made if they are necessary, and those needing to travel should avoid using public transport wherever possible, with use of face coverings strongly encouraged where social distancing is not possible
Major refurbishment at Welwyn Garden City station will now complete in Summer
A £1million Network Rail project to upgrade the footbridge at Welwyn Garden City station will now reopen in June and complete in the Summer, after additional defects were identified and severe weather and social distancing measures impacted on progress.
Network Rail issues urgent warning for walkers in Whitby to stay off railway
Network Rail is warning people in Sleights about the dangers of trespassing on the railway following multiple incidents of walkers using the railway to get to the other side of the River Esk.
New lease of life for Grade II listed footbridge at Prudhoe railway station
Network Rail has announced that major work to refurbish the Grade II listed footbridge at Prudhoe railway station will begin next week.
Network Rail announces reopening date of Bromham Road bridge for motorists
Network Rail has announced that Bromham Road bridge in Bedford will reopen to motorists on Tuesday, 9 June following its closure to allow major improvement work to take place as part of the Midland Main Line Upgrade.
Network Rail worker donates PPE to Northumberland school so children with additional needs can safely continue vital education
A Network Rail worker in the North East has donated spare personal protective equipment (PPE) to Collingwood School in Morpeth so that vital education can continue during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Network Rail safety film inspired by Northamptonshire pupils now available as downloadable comic
A comic book produced by Network Rail which highlights the devastating consequences trespassing on the railway can have is now available to download online for free.
Done and dusted: Network Rail and GTR complete transformation of Northern City Line
- Route reopens at nights and weekends
- Tunnels cleaned, track renewed and stations refreshed to improve passenger experience
Results 17 - 24 out of 645