- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
Passengers reminded to plan in advance this Easter ahead of £70m upgrade to Britain’s rail network
- More than 95 percent of the network will be running as normal this Easter
- There will be changes to some services over the Easter weekend while Network Rail delivers part of its Railway Upgrade Plan
- This work will provide faster and more frequent services to help relieve over-crowding on Britain's railways
American railway boss praises ‘life-changing’ investment in London’s railways after fact-finding mission
From moving record numbers of passengers on Victorian infrastructure to rebuilding major railway stations, Network Rail and US railway company Amtrak have much in common.
Bolina Road in Lewisham reopens after transformation by Network Rail
Bolina Road reopened to the public following a major transformation by the Network Rail team working on the Bermondsey Dive Under, a vital new piece of infrastructure in south London.
South East runs on rail: New figures show the full extent of the rail industry’s contribution to Kent and south east London
- Network Rail supports around 39,547 local jobs in the South East and last year £1.94 billion was spent with 646 local businesses
- Southeastern employs more than 4,000 people and has raised more than £23,000 for local charity the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust
- Improvements being delivered in the South East include: the Thameslink Programme –which is building a new station at London Bridge; a new station building at Strood in Kent; a new platform at Redhill, and better journey times between Ramsgate and Ashford
- Improvements already delivered since 2014 include a completely new station in Rochester, Kent and new signalling through the Medway Towns
- £100 million is spent every single week by Network Rail on improving the railway in Britain
200 Easter projects part of plan to deliver a rail network fit for the future
- Over the Easter bank holiday weekend, Network Rail will be delivering more than 200 projects across Britain as part of its Railway Upgrade Plan
- This will provide faster and more frequent services to help relieve over-crowding on Britain's railways
- More than 95 per cent of the railway will be unaffected but passengers are being advised to plan journeys carefully as there will be changes to some services
Rail passengers in the South East reminded to check before they travel this Easter and plan ahead for August and Christmas
A month before the four-day Easter weekend, passengers are reminded to plan ahead and check before they travel as Network Rail carries out essential railway upgrades across the south east.
Apprentices from Network Rail's Thameslink Programme inspire young people to consider an apprenticeship on the railway
A team of apprentices, work experience students and engineers from Network Rail’s Thameslink Programme are celebrating National Apprenticeship Week 2017 by visiting schools local to London Bridge station to inspire young people to consider an apprenticeship on the railway.
Video: See the incredible progress made so far this year at London Bridge as the team prepares for significant engineering work throughout 2017
Passengers given a glimpse behind the hoardings at London Bridge as the station team gears up for engineering work this Easter.
Results 49 - 56 out of 324