- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
North West & Central: North West news
Videos show North West railway engineers battling against Storm Christoph
Railway engineers across the North West are battling the effects of Storm Christoph as they try to keep passengers and freight safely on the move.
Storm Christoph travel warning issued across North West
With the North West and Cumbria experiencing extremely wet weather rail passengers are being advised to check before they travel.
Network Rail slams reckless TikTok of live railway photoshoot
Network Rail today condemned a video posted on social media platform TikTok showing a car being photographed on a live railway crossing.
Major upgrade to passenger lifts at Macclesfield station starts next week
Passengers are being advised about work starting next week to replace lifts at Macclesfield station.
Grade II listed Lancaster station footbridge to undergo major overhaul
A Grade II footbridge at Lancaster station is being refurbished as the city’s railway station evolves for the future.
Passengers reminded of major upgrade to lifts at Macclesfield station
Passengers are being advised about upcoming work to replace lifts at Macclesfield station.
Station footbridge upgrade improves Merseyrail network for passengers
Passengers in Merseyside are benefiting from a major investment to Bromborough station on the Wirral as the region’s railway network evolves for the future.
North West passengers asked to plan ahead when travelling over Christmas
- Passengers in Greater Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria should plan ahead if using the railway during the government’s Christmas travel window between 23 and 27 December
- People should reserve seats on long distance trains, travel at quieter times and follow all safety advice to stop the spread of coronavirus
- Railway upgrades in the North West over Christmas include new track, overhead electric lines and bridge work to improve future journeys for passengers
Results 1 - 8 out of 65