- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
North West & Central: North West news
'Travel either side' of May Bank holiday in North West
- Railway improvements on key routes in Cumbria, Greater Manchester and West Coast main line mean changes to early May bank holiday journeys
- Passengers are advised to travel either side of the bank holiday on Friday 30 April and Tuesday 4 May
- Further afield, London Euston railway station will be closed between 1-3 May - trains will start and finish at Milton Keynes
- People should follow Government guidance and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible
Iconic Ribblehead viaduct repaired for ‘Staycation Summer’
Work to restore the world-renowned Ribblehead viaduct for rail passengers and tourists in North Yorkshire is now complete.
Time-lapse shows Warrington Bank Quay Easter bridge lifts
A giant crane lifted two new bridges into place at Warrington Bank Quay station this Easter to make future rail journeys more reliable for passengers and freight.
Macclesfield station’s £400,000 lift upgrades complete
Passengers are benefitting from more reliable step-free access at Macclesfield station after a major overhaul of its lifts.
Tests find North West overhead power lines in tip top condition
Pioneering tests of almost 800 miles of high-voltage overhead electric cables which power trains have shown they are in great condition on key North West rail routes.
Up, up and away: Easter lift for Warrington Bank Quay bridges
A giant crane will be used to upgrade bridges around Warrington Bank Quay station this Easter to make future rail journeys more reliable for passengers and freight.
‘Jumbo’ freight train first for West Coast main line
The heaviest freight train ever to run on the West Coast main line has made its debut journey from the Peak District to London with essential construction materials.
Problem flooding probe for railway and residents in Lancashire
A detailed study will start in May to find out why railway lines and people’s homes keep flooding in Lancashire.
Results 1 - 8 out of 94