- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
North West & Central news
Network Rail saves the bacon of Piggy the cat
A cat reported dead was miraculously found alive two days later after surviving for two days under a high-voltage electric track.
Network Rail visits Bolton school to encourage pupils to become the engineers of the future
Network Rail engineers from the North West Electrification Programme visited St Mary’s Primary School in Horwich, Bolton, last week to raise awareness of the range of career opportunities in engineering.
£76m railway upgrade means nine day closure of the Chiltern main line between Banbury, Leamington and Bicester North
- Line closed between Leamington Spa, Banbury and Bicester North between Saturday 30 July and Sunday 7 August
- A replacement bus service will operate between Leamington Spa, Banbury and Bicester
- Investment to help improve reliability and punctuality of trains through the Banbury area
- Journeys through the Oxford area also affected by upgrade work at Hinksey between Saturday 30 July and Sunday 14 August
Network Rail and Northern alliance launched to provide a better service to passengers
Network Rail and train operator Northern have officially launched an alliance between the two organisations to help provide passengers across the north of England with a better rail service.
New Bromsgrove station opens to passengers
Bromsgrove's new multi-million pound station opened to passengers today (12 July).
£23m landslip repair set to reopen Settle-Carlisle railway line in March 2017
Repairs to a 500,000-tonne landslip in Cumbria will see the iconic Settle to Carlisle railway line fully reopen to trains by the end of March 2017, Network Rail announced today (7 July).
Network Rail looking for 15 more apprentices
Due to increased demand Network Rail is seeking to recruit 15 additional apprentices for its 2016 intake.
Longer trains, new track, upgraded stations - planning for future demand for rail travel in the West Midlands and Chilterns
Longer trains and platforms, more services and upgraded stations are among the steps proposed to meet a forecast 49% increase in demand for rail travel in the West Midlands and Chilterns regions over the next seven years.
Results 1185 - 1192 out of 1469