Latest news for this route
Network Rail begins vital improvements to Selby footbridge
Work gets underway next week on a project to improve Byram footbridge in Brotherton to make sure it remains fit for purpose for years to come.
Plaque unveiled at London King’s Cross to commemorate remarkable career of Britain’s first black train driver
- Wilston Samuel Jackson – known as Bill to his friends and family – became Britain’s first black train driver in 1962, and went on to drive famous trains and locomotives such as the Flying Scotsman and The Elizabethan
- Ceremony at King’s Cross attended by Wilston’s family, Network Rail chief executive Andrew Haines and ASLEF General Secretary Mick Whelan
- Rail industry continuing efforts to boost diversity during Black History Month, as ASLEF figures show just 10% of train drivers in England, Scotland and Wales are from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds
New ramp means easier access for passengers at Dorchester West station and new direct route to Dorset hospital
A new access ramp has been officially unveiled at Dorchester West station by Network Rail and Dorset Council to give passengers step-free access to platform one and Dorset county hospital.
EK youngsters on-the-ball for rail safety message
Network Rail and the Scottish Football Association will be delivering a series of football camps in East Kilbride to help young people stay safe around the railway.
Work begins on new town centre flood defence in Rotherham
Works to install a new multimillion-pound canal barrier at Forge Island are now underway as part of a key milestone in the Forge Island flood defence and enabling scheme.
Lumo services already selling out as inaugural service leaves London
- First month ticket sales “above expectations”
- Affordable new service helps customers choose rail over air
- Leisure travellers rush to buy tickets as the nation gets moving again
Track upgrades close railway between Hebden Bridge and Rochdale
Passengers travelling between Rochdale and Hebden Bridge are being reminded about changes to journeys during essential upgrade work inside one of the world’s oldest railway tunnels.
Inverness Airport Station build is underway
Work is now underway to create the new Inverness Airport station with the start of construction of the platforms at Dalcross.
Results 1 - 8 out of 11294